Artichoke Shrimp Linguine
With its hint of garlic and a delicate wine sauce, this seafood sensation will have artichoke lovers asking for seconds. "Toss in some sliced olives," suggests Daniel Spengler of Seattle, Washington. "We round out the menu with rolls and key lime pie."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 12 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- Cook the linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, saute the red pepper, garlic and onion in oil and
- butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the shrimp; saute
- until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat
- through. Drain linguine; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 638 calories, 25 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 1,257 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.