Artichoke Rye Toasts
Quick, light and cheesy, Joann Guzolik’s mouthwatering artichoke bites make irresistible finger food for guests of all ages at her home in West Leechburg, Pennsylvania.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 24 slices snack rye bread
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the bread on ungreased baking sheets; spritz with
- butter-flavored spray. In a small bowl, combine the artichokes,
- cheeses and cayenne. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff;
- fold into artichoke mixture.
- Spread over bread; sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 400° for 10-12
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 2 slices equals 78 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon