Oklahoma may be meat-and-potatoes country. But even good ol'boys have been known to eat this quiche!
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, salt,
- oregano, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Stir in cheese, artichokes and
- onion mixture. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350°
- for 22-26 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 232 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.