Artichoke Mushroom Caps
These crumb-topped appetizers never last long at our get-togethers. The rich filling of cream cheese, artichoke hearts. Parmesan cheese and green onion is terrific. You can broil them in your oven to enjoy any time of year.
West Newton, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 20 to 25 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Beat
- in the artichokes, Parmesan cheese and onion.
- Lightly spray tops of mushrooms with cooking spray. Spoon cheese
- mixture into mushroom caps. Combine bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle
- over mushrooms.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until
- mushrooms are tender. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 173 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon