Artichoke-Cheese French Bread
You'll love this amazing French bread appetizer. The creamy artichoke mixture is heaped on top of lightly toasted bread and then sprinkled with cheddar.
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake 25 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 jars (6-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of
- loaf, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, pepper Jack cheese, sour
- cream, green chilies, garlic and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Add bread
- cubes and toss to coat. Spoon filling into bread shells; sprinkle
- with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover with foil. Bake at 350°
- for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Ring in the New Year with this amazing French bread appetizer. The creamy artichoke mixture is heaped on top of lightly toasted bread and then sprinkled with cheddar.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 337 calories,