Artichoke Bean Rice Salad
In her Soldier, Iowa kitchen, Bernice Knutson throws together this unique salad that takes advantage of an extra cup of cooked rice. Friends and family are sure to enjoy the cool refreshing combination of artichoke hearts, avocado, beans and colorful peppers.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cold cooked rice
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 medium ripe California Avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 228 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.