- Stir in the wine, lemon juice and peel, bay leaves, thyme and
- cayenne. Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Cook the fennel mixture, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until
- slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in capers and
- reserved bacon. Discard bay leaves. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: about 4 ounces cooked chicken with 1/2 cup fennel mixture equals 290 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.