Apricot Turkey Sandwiches
Apricot jam and Dijon mustard come together for a wonderful spread on this sandwich with Swiss cheese, turkey bacon and peppered turkey slices. Charlotte Gehle - Brownstown, MI
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 turkey bacon strips
- 4 pieces multigrain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 3 ounces thinly sliced deli peppered turkey
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 pieces leaf lettuce
- 2 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain.
- Spread two toast slices with jam. Layer with turkey, bacon, tomato,
- onion, lettuce and cheese. Spread remaining toast with mustard;
- place on top. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 338 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 1,109 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.