- vanilla and coffee. Add chocolate; cook and stir over low heat until
- thickened (do not boil). Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add
- chocolate mixture; set aside. Finely chop apricots; drain and place
- in a bowl. Stir in preserves; set aside.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers; place one on a serving
- plate. Spread with 2/3 cup buttercream. Top with a cake layer and
- 2/3 cup apricot filling. Repeat layers twice. Cover and refrigerate
- 3 hours before serving. Garnish with chocolate curls. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 236 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.