Apricots make a lovely, lightly sweet topping that's spooned over frozen yogurt in this fruity and refreshing dessert.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar apricot halves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fat-free sugar-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- Drain apricots, reserving juice. Slice apricots; set aside. In a
- saucepan, combine 1/3 cup orange juice, brown sugar and reserved
- apricot juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for
- 10 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until
- smooth; stir into apricot juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla and reserved
- apricots. Serve over frozen yogurt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup frozen yogurt with 1/2 cup sauce) equals 151 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.