Apricot Orange Gelatin Salad
This delicious salad adds color to any table with its combination of fruity-fizzy ingredients.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) apricot halves
- Dash salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- Drain apricots, reserving 1-1/2 cups juice; set apricots aside. In a
- small saucepan, bring apricot juice and salt to a boil over medium
- heat. Remove from the heat; add gelatin, stirring until gelatin is
- In a blender, combine the orange juice concentrate, lemon juice and
- reserved apricots; cover and process until smooth. Add to gelatin
- mixture along with soda; mix well. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated
- with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Unmold and
- transfer to a serving plate. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 181 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.