Apricot-Glazed Green Beans
Serve this classic pasta toss withApricot-Glazed Green Beans from Nancy Mueller. "I like to add a little extra flavor to homegrown beans, and this is one of our favorite treatments," she writes from Bloomington, Minnesota.
Apricot preserves make the simple yet tasty coating for the veggies. Try this side dish alongside most any entree whenever time is tight.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 in. of water.
- Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the preserves, butter and salt.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 30 seconds or until butter is melted;
- stir until smooth.
- Transfer beans to a serving bowl; add apricot mixture and toss to
- coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 120 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.