Apricot-Ginger Acorn Squash
It’s a real treat digging into tender baked squash with a buttery apricot sauce. Natural fruit preserves add sweetness, and ginger makes it savory without unwanted calories.Trisha Kruse, Eagle, ID
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 small acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Cut a thin slice from bottom of
- squash with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Place hollow side
- up in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over squash. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until
- tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 squash half equals 206 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.