Apricot Coconut Balls
I appreciate that these fruity candies are easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. They're a nice alternative to chocolate sweets.
Barbara Strohbehn, Gladbrook, Iowa
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place apricots in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped.
- Transfer to a large bowl; add coconut and milk. Shape into 1-in.
- balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm. Store in an airtight
- container in the freezer or refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 122 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.