Apricot Cheesecake Tarts
Dark chocolate and the tart taste of apricots make these tiny cheesecakes from Alicia Montalvo Pagan in New Bedford, Massachusetts something special for a springtime buffet.
15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (1.9 ounces) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apricot nectar
- 3 dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons grated chocolate
- In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Brush over the bottom and up the sides of tart shells.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners'
- sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream and apricot nectar. Spoon
- into shells. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes. Just before
- serving, top with apricot strips and grated chocolate. Yield: 15
Nutrition Facts: 1 tart equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.