My mother loved both apricots and carrots, so when I found this recipe, I knew I had to make it for her. It has become a family favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place carrots in a saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Add
- remaining ingredients; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes
- or until preserves are melted and carrots are coated. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 123 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.