Apricot Beef Stir-Fry
Apricot preserves lend sweetness to this tasty beef stir-fry while red pepper flakes provide a bit of kick. A frozen vegetable medley shaves minutes off prep time…no chopping necessary!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen asparagus stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Stir
- in the apricot preserves, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper flakes;
- set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil until no longer pink;
- remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend
- according to package directions. Return beef to the pan. Stir
- apricot mixture and add to beef mixture. Cook and stir until
- slightly thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce; calculated without rice) equals 309 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 531 mg sodium,