Apricot Barbecued Chicken
A sweet glaze made with apricot preserves and barbecue sauce covers these tender chicken chunks served over rice, "This is such an easy tasty recipe," promises Cindy Novak of Antioch, California. "Best of all, our son Ryan loves it."
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil until browned,
- about 6 minutes. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, barbecue sauce, water
- and onion soup mix. Pour over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.