Apricot Baked Ham
Ham is a super choice for a holiday meal because once you put it in the oven, it practically takes care of itself until dinnertime. I serve it because everyone in my family loves it! The sugary crust makes the ham beautiful to serve. —Marge Clark, West Lebanon, Indiana
10-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 40 min.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (5 to 7 pounds)
- 20 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of
- the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each
- diamond. Combine preserves and mustard; spread over ham. Pat brown
- sugar into apricot mixture.
- Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer
- reads 140°. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 6 ounces cooked ham equals 291 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,104 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer