Apricot Almond Dressing
Talk about versatile! This light and fluffy stuffing goes with almost any entree. The apricots and slivered almonds add a sweet nutty flavor-but if I'm serving it with turkey, I often substitute cranberries and chestnuts.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (12 ounces) unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon each rubbed sage, dried thyme and dried rosemary, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and almonds in butter
- until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the broth, stuffing,
- apricots and seasonings.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 268 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 570 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.