These dainty applesauce-and cheese-filled wedges were sent in by Sharon Triplett of Hendersonville, Tennessee. "They're delicious with extra applesauce or plain yogurt," she recommends.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread each with
- applesauce; sprinkle with cheese and cinnamon-sugar if desired. Top
- with remaining tortillas. Brush tops with butter. Sprinkle with
- cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Cut each into eight wedges. Yield: 16 wedges.
Nutrition Facts: One wedge (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and stick margarine, without cinnamon-sugar) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.