- pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate; trim even with edge.
- In a large bowl, combine apples and raisins. Combine the sugar
- substitute, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; add to apple mixture
- and toss to coat. Spoon 3 cups into the crust; cover with
- applesauce. Top with remaining apple mixture; dot with butter.
- Roll out reserved portion of dough; make a lattice crust. Trim and
- flute edges. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is
- golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener. Look for it in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
Nutrition Facts: One piece equals 281 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit.