Applesauce-Berry Gelatin Mold
Want a head start on your holiday meal? Try this uncomplicated, yet pretty apple-berry mold from Gloria Coates of Madison, Connecticut. Fresh cranberries and mint leaves are a beautiful garnish.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1-3/4 cups chunky applesauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry
- sauce and applesauce. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Unmold onto a
- serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 134 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.