Apple Tossed Salad
My husband doesn't normally like apples in his salad, but he really likes this. It has a nice mixture of ingredients and is very easy to make.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 medium red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels or walnuts
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first nine
- ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the romaine,
- apple, onion and sunflower kernel. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Let stand for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 92 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.