Apple Sweet Potato Bake
Grandmother always served sweet potatoes and apples with pork, so I know she'd approve of this dish I created to combine the two.Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups sliced peeled cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes
- and apples. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmeg,
- allspice, salt and pepper; sprinkle half over apples. Dot with half
- of the butter. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Baste with pan juices.
- Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 167 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.