Common fruit and veggies give store bought stuffing mix flavor that's anything but ordinary. It's an easy alternative to from-scratch stuffings that can take over an hour to make. Terri McKitrick - Delafield, Wisconsin
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, saute the apple, onion and celery in butter until
- tender. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Stir
- in apple mixture. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 256 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.