Nila also sends along her recipe for Apple-Stuffed Squash, which will give any meal a real taste of autumn.
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 medium acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sprinkle squash with salt. In a small skillet, saute apple slices and
- raisins in butter until apples are tender. Add the brown sugar,
- cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into squash halves; place in an ungreased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55
- minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 301 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.