Apple Spiced Oatmeal
"This thick satisfying oatmeal is wonderful when overnight guests visit for the holidays," suggests Ericka Willea, Twin Lake, Michigan. "We set up an 'oatmeal bar', offering a variety of fruits and nuts to top steaming bowlfuls."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-3/4 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Sliced bananas and blueberries
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oats and cider. Microwave,
- uncovered on high for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the
- butter, cinnamon and salt. Serve with bananas and berries. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 313 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.