Apple Spice Snack Cake
"Nothing could be simpler or more delicious than this moist apple cake," relates Reba Savoie of Roswell, New Mexico. It's easy to create the four-ingredient treat with a spice cake mix...and even easier on your pocketbook at just 18 cents per piece.
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients; beat on low speed for
- 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 213 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.