Apple Snack Wedges
Kids of all ages will love these easy apple wedges at snack time. With protein from peanut butter and a hint of sweetness and crunch, the quick-to-fix bites from Jacquie Berg of St. Cloud, Wisconsin make a fun and healthy treat.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium apples
- 1 cup Rice Chex, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- Core apples; cut each into six wedges. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the cereal and brown sugar. Spread
- cut sides of apples with peanut butter; roll in cereal mixture.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge equals 36 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.