We enjoy these flavorful grilled apples with a lightly spiced coating all year. Best of all, they’re a cinch to grill or broil and cleanup’s a breeze. –Doris Sowers of Hutchinson, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Thread apples on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Lightly spray
- with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until golden. Turn;
- cook 8-10 minutes longer or until golden and tender. Serve warm.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 skewer equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.