Apple Sausage Puffs
I love serving these tender little puffs when I entertain during the holiday season. No one is able to resist them, and I need just four basic ingredients to prepare the simple recipe.Veronica Johnson, Jefferson City, Missouri
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and apple over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cream cheese.
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough; separate into eight triangles.
- Place 1 tablespoon filling on the long side of each triangle. Roll
- up starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Repeat
- with remaining crescent dough and filling. Bake at 375° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sausage puff equals 165 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.