Apple Sausage Bake
I enjoy cooking, and this recipe is one of my favorite dishes. It's different, tastes great and is usually the talk of the party.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltines (about 45 crackers)
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add milk, saltines, apple and onion. Add
- the sausage and mix well. Lightly press into a greased 6-cup ring
- mold or other mold. Invert onto a lightly greased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan; remove mold. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1
- hour or until a meat thermometer reads 170°; drain. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 314 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.