Apple Salad with Maple-Mustard Vinaigrette
This seasonal salad will be a hit at any gathering. It’s also easy for weeknights; just halve the recipe. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, Colorado
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large tart apples, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, apples, onion and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad;
- toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 68 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.