Apple Pork Chops for Two
Sweet-tart apple, onion, thyme and Dijon give these chops delightful flavor. —Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth; set aside. In a large
- skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute apple and onion until apple is
- crisp-tender. Stir in the broth mixture, apple juice, mustard and
- thyme; bring to a boil. Add pork chops. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 224 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.