Apple Pie Crumble
Brown sugar-cinnamon toaster pastries lend scrumptious flavor to this crumble. “For a change of pace, try peach or blueberry pie filling instead of apple,” Michelle Kenney recommends from Sabina, Ohio.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 brown sugar-cinnamon toaster pastries, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, brown sugar, lemon juice
- and cinnamon. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Combine toaster pastries and butter; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with
- ice cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.