Apple Pie A La Mode
Here is a family favorite that combines apple pie filling and butter pecan ice cream with caramel topping and chopped nuts. I created it when trying to think up a rich dessert to complete a dinner party menu.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Spread half the pie filling over crust. Top with half the ice cream;
- cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Drizzle with half the caramel
- topping; cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Top with remaining pie filling; cover and freeze for 30 minutes. Top
- with remaining ice cream; cover and freeze until firm. May be
- frozen for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Warm
- remaining caramel topping; drizzle some on serving plates. Top with
- a slice of pie; drizzle remaining caramel topping over pie and
- sprinkle with pecans.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 398 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.