Apple Pecan Crepes
This is a very easy, quick and delicious brunch item. When they taste the nutty apple pie filling tucked inside the creamy vanilla sauce draped over the tender crepes, everyone "oohs" and "aahs" between bites. Prepare a big batchpeople tend to go back for seconds and even thirds!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 prepared crepes (7 inches each)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a small bowl, combine the pie filling, pecans and cinnamon. Spread
- 2 rounded tablespoonfuls down the center of each crepe; roll up
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 10-14 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the egg, cream, sugar
- and extracts. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 3-1/2 to
- 4-1/2 minutes or until thickened, stirring after each minute. Cool.
- Serve with crepes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 329 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium,