Apple Peanut Spinach Salad
From Ali Lowell, this memorable medley is treated to a delicious curry dressing. "My mom and I have been tossing together this salad for years," she writes from Winchester, Massachusetts.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, apple, raisins and peanuts. In
- a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 205 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.