- Remove from the heat. Stir in spices and lemon juices; set aside.
- For pastry, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture
- is crumbly. Combine egg yolks, water and lemon juice; blend into
- flour. Mixture will form a ball. Divided in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough between two pieces of
- waxed paper to fit the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Spread filling over pastry. Roll remaining pastry
- to fit pan exactly; place on top of filling. Fold bottom pastry over
- top and press to seal. Cut a few small slits in top crust.
- Bake at 400° for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned. For
- glaze, combine all ingredients and drizzle over the warm pastry.
- Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 131 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.