Apple Pan Betty
I FOUND this recipe soon after I was married 47 years ago. It uses few ingredients, which are usually on hand, and takes little time to put together.
It's a favorite of ours during fall and winter, when apples are at their best.
-Shirley Leister, West Chester, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small skillet, saute apple in butter for 2-3 minutes or until
- tender. Add bread cubes. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon; toss to
- coat. Saute until bread is warmed. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 302 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.