Apple Oatmeal Crisp
Microwaving brings out the natural sweetness of the apples in this warm, comforting crisp from Anna Mae Kocher of Sunman, Indiana.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, toss apples with sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Place in
- an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with water.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt and remaining
- cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes or until apples are
- tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 257 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.