Apple-Mustard Pork Chops
Pairing pork and apples has always meant a sure-fire recipe. The wonderful aroma of this delightful dish signals the arrival of fall.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Apple slices, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown
- pork chops in butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the apple juice;
- reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side
- or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Add onion and mustard to
- skillet. Cook, uncovered, on low for 4-5 minutes or until heated
- through. Spoon over chops. Serve with rice and garnish with apples
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 119 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.