Apple Kielbasa Kabobs
Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium tart apples, cut into wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in cranberry
- juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage,
- apples and peppers. Grill, uncovered, over indirect heat for 8
- minutes or until heated through, turning and brushing with glaze
- occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 kabob equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.