Apple Honey Tapioca Pudding
I'm glad that apple season is long, since my family requests this pudding quite often!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (cut in eighths)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and simmer
- just until apples are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer apples to a bowl. Add water and
- tapioca to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Pour over
- apples. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, or cold with whipped
- cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 257 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.