Apple Granola Dessert
"I would be lost without my slow cooker," confesses Janis Lawrence of Childress, Texas. "Besides using it to prepare our evening meal, I often make desserts in it, including these tender apples that get a tasty treatment from granola cereal."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups granola cereal with fruit and nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine apples and cereal. In a small
- bowl, combine the honey, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over
- apple mixture and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.