- On a well-floured surface, roll each portion of dough into an 8-in.
- square. Cut apples in half horizontally; place an apple bottom on
- each square. Place brown sugar and cinnamon in the core of each
- bottom; dot each with 2 teaspoons butter. Replace apple tops.
- Gently bring up corners of pastry to center; pinch edges to seal.
- Place in a greased 8-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth.
- Add the sugars, butter and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- until smooth and blended. Pour over dumplings.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until apples are tender and pastry is
- golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 dumpling equals 979 calories, 49 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 134 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.