- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased
- or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until smooth. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls into centers of muffins.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar
- and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle
- over filling. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 356 calories, 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.