Apple Cranberry Salad
“I turn to this delicious recipe on long days when I come home tired,” writes Kathy Everette from Menlo, Georgia. It has a wonderful crunch, tastes delicious and is healthy, too. This one’s sure to be a hit!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 medium apples, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, celery, pecans, cranberries,
- marshmallows and raisins. Combine whipped topping and sour cream;
- spoon over apple mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 152 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.