Apple Cranberry Delight
“My husband and I went to a cranberry festival, and I came home with 5 pounds of the berries! Luckily they freeze well and taste great in this simple dish that I use in place of fruit.” Beverly Koester - Appleton, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups chopped peeled Golden Delicious apples
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries and 1 cup apple juice. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- the berries pop. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Remove from the
- heat; stir in apples and remaining apple juice.
- Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 4
- hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 70 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.